Tuesday, November 21, 2006

VHS Pep Rally!

Last month I had the honor of being asked to be 'the Cougar' for a Vicenza High School pep rally. Only a few teachers knew of my identity, so it was fun - but very strange - having total anonymity. More than once, I gave a student a slap on the back, and was returned with a look of "Who are you?!"
When my identity was revealed, the students all stood and clapped, so it was great to be so warmly recieved. It was a great experience, and I'm glad I got the chance to do it.
Those suits are hot! When I took of the suit to change back into my street clothes, eveything I was wearing was completely soaked in sweat. I have never sweat so much in my entire life!
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bret said...

For some reason, I assumed at first that Mandy was the one who got asked to be the mascot... Funny.

I've never been a mascot myself, but Ryan dressed up as the KSBY peacock for a fair last spring and I was his "handler," meaning, the guy who kept him from walking into things. I'll have to post a photo or two sometime, maybe the one of him playing trombone. Just for you, Jim :)

Adam said...

I was the mascot one night for the Madison Monsters semipro hockey team. I rode on to the ice on an atv then spent the entire warmup jeering at the wrong team because they had switched jersey colors for warmup. I too sweated like mad, and they never asked me back.

shannon said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys are still alive, well actually, it looks like you died and went to heaven!

Hello from SLO
Ben and Shannon Riddering

Jenny & Charles said...

couch time, couch time, couch time

(okay, this isn't in reference to your totally cool mascotting experience, but we just got you letter)

yes please!!